A while back I did a review of a beer shampoo bar that I loved. What I didn’t love was trying to keep the bar dry during use to avoid it wilting away.
So I got a knife and cut the shampoo bar into chunks
I was able to get about 14 chucks when I diced the bar. I took the chunks in the shower to shampoo and ran into another problem. One piece would last 2-3 shampoos and as it shrunk became harder to grip, got lost/tangled in my hair, kept failing through the soap grate and just generally became a pain in the ass.
So time for plan C
I decided to toss the a few pieces in water and see if I could make this shampoo bar into regular shampoo.
I topped the container off with regular tap water and made sue to leave room for the soap pieces to dissolve. I then gave the water+soap time to dissolve and turn into a solution. I left it sit for about 6 days and made sure to shake it daily. Here are some pictures of how the combination evolved.
The soap gradually broke apart and the mixture became more of solution. and got thicker and thicker as the days went by. I kept shaking the solution to help further break up the soap. By the time wash day roles around the solution was ready to go!
The mixture turned into real shampoo! The soap completely dissolved and the mixture became thick and gelatinous. The 3 oz jar has lasted me 3 separate shampoos. Which means I used 2 pieces to make 3 oz of shampoo. Thus I could make 21 oz out of the 14 pieces I originally cut the bar into . So this bar would last me 21 shampoos! That is an amazing value $6.00.
I said it before and I will say it again this bar is great for my hair, my wallet and malleable to my lifestyle.
I love it!